Mentoring For Photographers
Are you a new photographer looking to start a career in photography? A mom who loves snapping photos of your little one and think you might want to take your images and hobby to the next level? Do you need help learning how to use that DSL that you had sitting around? Well, then you’ve come to the right place! I’ve been a photographer for over 20 years. My love for beautiful scenary goes back to when I was a kid and would travel along the East Coast with my mom. She always had a love for the beauty of nature and instilled that in me at a very young age. When I received my first “real” camera at the age of 21, I began using it for photographing nature and landscapes. After taking some nature photography classes, and with the birth of my first nephew in 1996, I fell in love with photographing people. In the last several years, I’ve learned to marry my two loves of photography – nature + people, and with that I found my niche.
It took me many years to figure out how to take my business from hobby and part time jobs, to a full time career doing what I love. Whether it be advertising, promoting myself on social media platforms, website design, blogging sessions, pricing structures, or managing my client database, it’s taken years to figure out! If you’re looking for a shortcut and want to jumpstart your business to be more successful faster, then you’ve come to the right place.
Here are some of the areas that I can assist with:
- Portfolio/Website Review
- Camera equipment & lens choices
- Using Social Media to promote your business – Facebook and Instagram specifically
- Mastering natural lighting during morning and evening sessions
- Shoot with me and learn how to give your clients direction and how to capture genuine expressions
- Editing – Lightroom & Photoshop, Lightroom presets and Photoshop actions
- We’ll discuss what systems, software, datbases, tools I use to help streamline processes
- How to manage contacts via a customer service database
- Basic Camera Functions – taking your shooting from Auto mode to Manual mode – mastering Aperature and Shutter speed
- Composition – how to simply take a better picture
- Pricing structure
- How to quickly blog your sessions so people can see your work and what you’re truly capable of
There’s so much that goes into being a successful photographer. It’s not just about taking a good photograph! It’s all of the above. I wish I had fast tracked to knowing all of these things immediately! But sometimes, we just have to learn along the way and in your own time. Even if I help you with all of the above, it still takes practice and patience to get there! For me, what truly defines success is doing what you love.
We can meet 1:1, in person, on the phone, via Skype or Facetime. If you’re ready to invest in yourself, then let’s do this!!!
Please contact me more information and we’ll get you started.